This will be the last post before I start NaNoWriMo. My Aussie countdown tells me this is 1 day and 13 hours away! It’s getting super close.
I’m getting excited as well as nervous. How are you all coping? What techniques are you using to prepare yourself mentally as well as getting your story ready for NaNo?
What I am doing to prepare for NaNo:
- I got rid of the husband. (He has gone to India for a month – Medical Student) = Quiet house
- Got my roster changed to afternoon shifts so I can write in the morning or late at night.
- Got a plan for my novel.
- Spent ages stewing the novel (Which has really helped my novel construction skills)
- Read James Scott Bell’s Plot and Structure – Possibly the best novel writing book ever.
- Re-read the above book
- Changed my story structure and re plotted cursing my insane naivety all the way
- Read some great books to get me in the mood
- Told as many people as I can that I HAVE to write 50,000 words this November
- Waiting waiting waiting for November 1st to roll around.
I’m not waiting very patiently though – I Just want to start!
My Deadly Writing Sin Posts –> Click Here
Link to NaNoWriMo site
James Scott Bell Plot and Structure –> Buy the Book Here
My Old New Website –> Steampunked How My Family History Inspired my Steampunk NaNo Story